December 03, 2009

Birthdays

I'm behind...we've had two birthdays recently.

Braden is 6 now, I can't believe it was six years ago our life changed and we became a family of 3. Wow - we welcomed our 5th family member this year, Braden is a great big brother. He would want to hold Blake (for a few minutes then he'd say "I'm done"), takes pride in helping me and also shares in the funny things Blake does - he's fun to laugh with. Braden has a great imagination, a tender heart, likes riding bikes, building and creating things with blocks, lincoln logs etc - you name it! We may have an engineer on our hands. He enjoys hiking and climbing rocks (we discovered at Enchanted rock), he is sweet to Blake, rough with Truitt, loves his Dad and can't wait for him to get home each night and still has a special place in his heart for his mom - not so much in public anymore :) That's ok though - I'll take the love when and where I can get it! Braden started Kindergarten this year and is doing great - I'm so thankful school isn't a chore - yet!

Truitt is now 3...and ever so busy! He follows Braden around and does what he does, says what he says. Truitt is brave and daring, not afraid of much at all (scary!). He started preschool this year and loves it, it makes him feel like a big boy since his brother is in school. He is in the stage where he says many memorable things. In the mornings he tells me "I waked up Mom" and I think how thankful I am he did. He loves to sing - some of his favorites are "This little light of mine", "Jesus loves me" and "Happy Birthday". He has a sweet smile that melts my heart and I look forward to what this year will bring.

No comments: