As I sit here Truitt comes out of his room for the 3rd time to get water. Then little bit follows (they share a room)..I'm aggravated. I get the water bottles out of the fridge, get a straw and help Blake. I watch as ice cold, crystal clear water goes through the straw into his little body. The thought pops into my head, there are so many moms who can't give their kids a sip water...not one sip and their children are dying because of it.
Aggravation....gone.
Admittedly water isn't something I think about often...we have so much of it we swim in it, water our grass with it and if it's hot it goes down the sink. I am sure many of you are aware of the famine in Africa right now...you CAN help. Here is a link and at the bottom there are some organizations that are helping provide relief for the many people in need there. One that I am familiar with and trust is World Vision...can't say enough good things about this organization!
http://one.org/blog/2011/08/03/horn-of-africa-crisis-what-you-can-do-to-help/
August 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment