So I am finally posting about Reese's palate surgery. She was scheduled for 11am but didn't get it until after 1pm. By the grace of God she did not sign for food once, not once! After they took her in Kurt and I grabbed lunch - we were super hungry. I knew if I (who had breakfast) was so hungry she must have been even more so. We have so many friends who loved on us...brought dinner, goody bags, toys for Reese - ya'll really know how to make a girl feel special :) We are very thankful for the blessing of friends.
She was given a purse, keys and cell phone by a sweet friend of ours - what a life saver! Just when she'd start to fuss I'd give her a new toy....she LOVES having a purse.
It was very hard to see her after surgery. She is all cleaned up in the photo but she was a bloody mess at first. I don't do well with people I love being in pain...so I had some issues in recovery but after the crying and nearly fainting I was able to walk up to her room with everyone :)
This was the next afternoon, she started to feel more like herself while on pain medication. She was happy with her cups, bowls, teapot and spoons.
She was given a cute book and the boys made her get well cards. While we were there a group of med students came by with a cart full of things for her to choose from (they were Aggies - whoop!) and I picked some stickers. She had fun putting them all over her coloring book.
We have since had a follow up and she is doing well. We have scheduled her lip/nose surgery for July 17th. The recovery time is shorter for this surgery but will still be painful I'd imagine. We'll all be happy when this is behind us!

No comments:
Post a Comment