The day before Halloween Truitt broke his arm falling off the rings (like moving monkey bars) at the playground. Truitt, Braden and a neighbor went to the park a few houses down to play while I stayed in the front yard with the littles. I heard him crying (not screaming) and saw them all walking back so I headed over to meet him. Before I got close Braden came up on his bike and said "mom something is wrong with Truitt's arm". He's 9, he knows when something is really wrong. As I hurried I could see just how wrong it was...oh my! I did pretty good, just covered my mouth (to hide my gasp) and then told everyone to get in the car. We went to TCH and waited no more than 3 minutes - awesome! They were able to set the bones and then we saw the Ortho the following Monday. They put on a hard cast, it will come off in 2 weeks and another will replace it for another 3 weeks. If all goes well he'll have it off a week before Christmas.
As I sat in the ER I found myself thanking God for a broken arm, thankful it wasn't his neck or his back or worse. We have great medical care and my child came home with me....so.very.thankful.
This got us to the front of the line in the ER - ouch!
Getting used to the hard cast - he's doing well.
Fall party at school, he was happy to see me :)
1 comment:
Poor little Truitt! I'm glad he's doing ok and you are right about feeling thankful it was nothing worse. This brings back memories of Jack's broken arm at age 4. Take care--miss you all. Tanya
Post a Comment