Today at about 5pm we will be receiving two Chinese exchange students to our home for 3 weeks. There are 255 students arriving from the Chengdu Provence in China over the next three days (starting yesterday) to be staying with 148 different host families from Second Baptist Church.
We are happy to have our two 16-year-old girls here in our home...I'm not sure how happy they'll be though! We'll be taking them to school each day (although they won't be 'in class' each day) and we also get to attend a few activities they have scheduled (an Astros game). My prayer for these girls is that they enjoy their time in the States and in our home and that we can be a witness for Christ. I pray that they see Christ in us by our interactions not only with them but with friends and our children. We appreciate your prayers as well.
I'll post pictures soon, I should snap a few today...I hope!
July 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment