I wanted to let you all in on some BIG news in the Box house. We are currently in the process of adopting a little girl from China. This is something God has placed on both of our hearts for some time now. Through much prayer and consideration we are stepping out in faith and moving forward with the adoption process. We don't have too much to share right now but we have been through the first round of paperwork and are currently waiting to do our homestudy visits. The wait in China is currently topping 5 years but we are adopting a waiting child. This means the child is either older or has a physical/mental "defect".
So for our family this means 2 things:
1. Our little girl will most likely have a cleft lip/palate and will have surgery shortly after she arrives home.
2. Our wait will be considerably less, possibly 1 year.
We would appreciate prayers for our little girl. She has already been born so my prayer is that wherever she is that she is safe, cared for and loved :)
February 05, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
She is already extremely blessed...whoever she is. Can't wait to welcome her into our family!
So excited to welcome her into the Box family! Love you guys!
OH MY WORD! What glorious news! I had no idea until this moment and can I say I am overjoyed. Please put me on your prayer requests list so I can pray through all the steps. So great!
Post a Comment