Braden, Reese and I rode the gondola down while the guys hiked down. We got to the car and had a snack and read a book. We were reading a great book, Running for My Life by Lopez Lomong. It was hard to put down! It is about a lost boy of Sudan and his life journey, how he was taken at the age of six, escaped his kidnappers only to end up in a refugee camp for 10 years. He tells how he came to the US and eventually became an Olymipc athlete - AH-mazing story. Anyway, we read a few chapters together (I read aloud a lot of this trip, it was fun) and just talked - it was nice other than the fact he felt so poorly. It started raining just as the guys made it down and we went to our hotel. Kurt and the kids went in search of a laundry mat and played putt putt while Braden and I stayed at the hotel. Thankfully Braden felt better the next day - a brand new kid. We did the Billy the Kid scenic route. It was ok, the kids weren't that into it but they entertain themselves so it was fine. We had a picnic in the small town of Lincoln, grabbed some ice cream and then headed back into town. We went to the putt putt place and did race cars and bumper boats. It was fun and we ended the day on the floor in the hotel room eating pizza and talking about our "favorite things" from our trip so far. Heart = full.
We found a nice green space for a picnic while walking in Lincoln
Braden had that smile the WHOLE time. Reese/I and Kurt/Blake rode the second round, it was fun!
Reese and I sat this one out...that water was cold! It was fun to watch :)








No comments:
Post a Comment