Monday we picked up Berihu, such a long awaited day! It was pretty uneventful, we hung out at the orphanage for
an hour or so then went back to the hotel. Berihu started to go to our “old” room
it was cute…we showed him the new room. We ate lunch at American
burger – Berihu ate a whole hamburger and fries and I found out he likes lettuce, tomato and onion. Braden and I split pizza…real
traditional, I know J
We played cards(skipBo), played soccer, threw football and decided to dine in at the hotel with our friends who are also here. We finished the night showering and watching Toy Story in bed. Braden and I slept
the whole night which was nice, no issues. Berihu woke up at 5:30! I saw him moving
the shades to look outside (but it was still dark) and so I told him to try and
go back to sleep. I woke up an hour later, sun was rising and he was still looking
out the window so I gave him some of the kid magazines I brought. We had a slow
morning which was nice. We went to the park for a little while and then had our
embassy apt. All paperwork is finished on our end and we will go back Thursday
to get his visa and immigration packet. This is a packet that we will give
to immigration when we arrive in the US, it is sealed and not to be opened
except by US Immigration officers. We did this with Reese too. These records
will go to the government (some where J
) and then we will receive his certificate of citizenship, social security card
etc in the mail later. After embassy we headed back to the park for a little bit, played
dodge ball, soccer, basketball and bowling with water bottles (we got creative). Tomorrow we hope to
go out of the city for a little site seeing…should be fun.
reading magazines while we sleep :)
went to the spice shop to get some berbere to bring home.
walking back to the hotel from the park


1 comment:
What a fantastic journey! Congratulations on bringing home your sweet son!!
Post a Comment