April 09, 2014

Finally

The day has finally come! Our flight was an hour late but we got to eat a good meal and relax before getting on the plane. As I type I am on the airplane heading to Ethiopia with Truitt and Kurt by my side. Truitt is very excited...I think I may fall asleep first out of our crew :)
 We arrive in Addis at 12:15am on Friday, we'll take a short trip to the guest house and have about 5 hours there to sleep, shower and just hang out. At 745am (Friday) we will travel up to Mekelle and go to Family Umbrella Orphanage. There are 4 other families traveling to meet their kids. CAN.NOT.WAIT. On Monday we return to Addis with Berihu and he an the other kids will get settled into the transition home. I'm thankful we'll be there for those first few days as he adjusts. We have court on Thursday and then fly out at lam on Friday.
 Praying for Berihu's heart as he prepares to meet us...and ours too. God is good!

2 comments:

Christine said...

Praying for you all! My heart is bursting at the thought of you meeting your son for the first time. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Nothing short of a miracle that you're there now to meet Berihu! xo