Monday – our wake up call didn’t come at 5 like we asked, Kurt
happened to wake up and look at his phone, it was 5:20 and we had to leave at 5:30! We did most packing the
night before so we were pretty much ready but rushed downstairs only to be told
that one parent would go get the child while the rest of us waited there.
Really?? Anyway Kurt went so Truitt and I could have breakfast. They came back
about 40 minutes later. This is Africa time :) Oh well, we’re functioning on little sleep anyway but
still annoying to rush downstairs to leave an hour later. Kurt came back with
Berihu and the other parents and we all left for the airport, checked in and were
ready to go . Berihu was excited, on the plane they had the ‘old school’ arm
rests with the numbers for the channel and volume – he couldn't stop playing
with it. He paid attention to the emergency procedure video…I wondered if it
was freaking him out so I put my hand on his and asked “are you ok”…big grin
“yes”. As we took off and went up he just smiled and as we went through the
clouds he laughed…it went very well. We played UNO, had a snack and then landed, it was a pretty quick ride. We came straight to the guest house,
got settled and they took the kids for lunch and to the new orphanage in the
city where they will stay for until we return to pick up on second trip. They will come to the guest house for a
few hours tomorrow which will be nice. After the kids left we went to the
postal market, we bought Berihu a jersey and I bought a few other things. I need to go back (we ran out of money!) and get more jerseys for the boys....it will probably have to be on our second trip. We had a good day :)
He LOVED his first plane ride!
After the kids left we went to a local park






1 comment:
Hello - my name is Kate and I now want to go cry my eyes out...in a good way. I'm so glad I get to call you friend.
Post a Comment