We arrived in Mekelle around 9 or so, our flight was very short. After we unloaded everything at the hotel we headed straight for the orphanage. When we got there the school age kids were at school and they went just down the road to get them. One family met their little boy in the mean time and then they all walked through the gate. As we saw Berihu he had that great smile beaming, he came over and said hi and we all gave him little hugs :) He was particularly taken with Truitt, he put his arm around him and went to show him his room. He currently sleeps on the bottom bunk....so transitioning his his bunk and home will be no problem. I showed him a photo of his room and pointed to his bed and Braden's bed - he smiled big and seemed pleased. We looked at some other photos too and he proudly named everyone as we did. I was pleasantly surprised at his English, he understood much of what we said. Then he asked Truitt if he wanted to play a game so off they went. We played soccer much of the afternoon with everyone joining in - good bonding :) We left for lunch and a few errands and the whole time listened to Truitt say "can we go back to the little orphanage and see Berihu", "when are we leaving, I wan to go play with Berihu"...as annoying as it was it warmed my heart :) We did of course go back and the soccer match resumed. We gave hugs when we left and said we'd return tomorrow.
We were getting ready to go and I found Truitt telling Berihu a story as he ate his lunch. I'm not sure what all he understood but it sure was cute.
Lots of soccer...I even showed off some of my skills - ha!






2 comments:
I'm still in awe that you & yours are actually there. Seeing these pics is just.....wow for me. Berihu & Truitt look as if they have become fast friends. Cherishing your moments shared there. How fun to have another pic of our boys together! Ngus looks to be a bit reserved. I imagine he's feeling a bit left out, as we are not there. Our case cleared Embassy, & we should have PAIR approval by next week. We should literally be right behind you for our sweet boy. <3
So exciting to see you with him! And such sweet brother bonding happening:). Continuing to pray for the rest of your trip. Can't wait to see more updates.
Love,
Shelli
Post a Comment